Railway Preservation Society
Who are we?
• We are a Railway Preservation Society, based at Tata Steel Long Products Scunthorpe Site
• We have approximately 70 members, who are a mixture of current Tata employees (a few), retired Tata employees and outside members
What do we do?
• We aim to preserve, restore and where possible operate historical locos and rolling stock, particularly if related to the steel industry
• We operate passenger railtours of Scunthorpe Site, for members of the general public, railway enthusiast and other groups. We also operate tours in support of Tata visits.
What equipment does the Society use?
• The Society directly owns or controls three locomotives, one steam and two diesel
• The Society owns four historic carriages, two brake vans and various other items of rolling stock
• Four steam and five diesel locomotives owned by Society members are based at the Society’s loco shed”
Visit our website for more details: www.afrps.co.uk